Looking for free photo editing sites or software, here's a list of eleven awesome photo editing resources.
Image By SpiderWeb-MarketingSystems (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0) or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html)], via Wikimedia Commons
- Picasa - Fast and efficient organizing tool with rather good non-destructive editing. (Windows, Mac)
- Apple Photos - Simpler and better than iPhoto, Apple Photos is worth a proper look for any Mac owner. (Mac, iOS)
- Fotor - Multi-platform photo editing suite that delivers great effects really easily. (Windows, Mac, Mobile (iOS & Android), Web
- On1 Perfect Effects 9 Free - Powerful special effects tool that works as both a standalone app and a plug-in. (Windows,Mac)
- Serif PhotoPlus Starter Edition - Cut-down free version of Serif's powerful amateur-orientated photo editing software. (Windows)
- Pixlr Editor - A photo editor you can use on your desktop machine, your mobile device or the web. (Windows, Mac, Mobile, Web)
- Gimp - Open-source image-editor that's powerful but technical, so it requires some effort but there are many tutorials online. (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- PhotoScape - Novel all-purpose image-editing favorite now available in a Mac OS X version. (Windows, Mac)
- IrfanView - Handy app for browsing images, converting file formats, getting screen grabs and more. (Windows)
- Paint.net - This new version of an old Windows classic is uncomplicated and straightforward. (Windows)
- PicMonkey - Free photo editor that works in your browser, nothing to download or install. This is the most simple photo editor out of the bunch and does lack more in depth features but is awesome for people looking for exactly that.